Every year Romance Writers of America hosts the “Readers for Life” Literacy Autographing, all proceeds of which are donated to literacy organizations. This year they are supporting ProLiteracy and the Florida Literacy Coalition. I’ll be signing THE LIBRARIAN AND THE SPY. Come see me and 400 other authors on July 29 from 3-5 p.m. at the Orlando Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort to help support this important cause. Admission is free! If you’re in the area, I hope to see you there! Find details at www.rwa.org/literacy.
May 2-7, 2017, I attended my first ever RT Booklovers Convention. It was an amazing experience. Thousands of romance readers and writers converged on the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, Georgia, to celebrate the genre. I attended some wonderful workshops and panels, and met some wonderful people.
For me, the best part was getting to meet my agent, Rena Rossner any my editor, Esi Sogah in person. It was such a thrill to have them both at the Kensington author signing party. Thank you to Rena for taking these awesome pictures.
Can you tell I’m a little excited?
So much fun.
Esi, me, and Rena at the Kensington author signing.
I actually had a line of people waiting for me to sign their book!
The Librarian and the Spy received a starred review from Booklist, the book review periodical published by the American Library Association. This is a big deal, at least to me. It’s so gratifying to know library people enjoy my book!
“An intrepid hero and heroine, fast-paced action, witty repartee, lots of suspense, and a very neat twist at the end will make this funny roller- coaster of a tale popular with a broad spectrum of readers. It’s hard to believe this is Mann’s first novel. It is also the first volume in a planned and promising series.”
You can read the entire review here.
I’m a Goodreads author now! You can check out my profile here.
Kensington Publishing is giving away 25 ARCs of THE LIBRARIAN AND THE SPY! You can enter to win one here between February 24 and March 3, 2017. Good luck!
Read Chapter One.
In-N-Out Swag – Get Yours!
Hey, friends and neighbors!
Anyone who has had more than a passing interaction with me knows I LOVE In-N-Out Burger. Whenever I fly to California, it’s the first stop I make upon leaving the airport. I get emotional just thinking about it.
Anyway, Quinn, my main character in THE LIBRARIAN AND THE SPY (you can read Chapter One here) loves In-N-Out, too. (You’re shocked, I know.) So what better way to celebrate my upcoming debut novel than with some In-N-Out swag?
The Giveaway: Here’s the deal
- I have 6 Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of THE LIBRARIAN AND THE SPY to give away. And anyone can enter!
- You want a chance to win one along with a lovely In-N-Out keychain? Simply a post a photo of your favorite hamburger, cheeseburger, or veggieburger to either Twitter or Instagram and tag me (both are @thesusanmann). Voila, you’re entered to win!
- Contest entries will be accepted from Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 12:01am (Mountain Standard Time) through Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:59pm (MST). (Yes, MST is a real thing.)
- Winners will be picked at random. I’ll be sharing the names of the winners on Twitter and Instagram on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
- Please see the additional contest rules at the bottom for legal stuff.
But wait! There’s more! Since I have 5 keychains and 6 ARCs, YOU, special sixth person, will be the lucky winner of a mug with the Dewey Decimal number on the side, brought to you by the good people at the American Library Association.
This Dewey Decimal mug can be yours
Questions, concerns, comments? Let me know what they are on my contact page.
Additional contest rules:
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts from the same social platform to enter will be ineligible.
- Please post only once. Multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning.
- Your participation in the contest releases Twitter and Instagram from any liability.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
Quinn’s grandfather always said being a librarian is a lot like being a secret agent. Like a good spy, a librarian has to be quick thinking, resourceful, and tenacious. Chester Ellington assured her he knew about such things since he’d read just about every spy novel ever published.
Quinn Ellington appreciated his elevated opinion of those in her chosen profession. To her, though, the comparison was more than a little over the top. She liked to believe she was quick thinking, resourceful, and tenacious, especially since she was known to follow bits of bibliographic data like a bloodhound after a rabbit. But she knew being just a librarian would never fully quench the thirst for adventure she inherited from her spy-novel-loving grandfather. As it stood right now, the likelihood of her being called upon to disable a death ray pointed at the White House from space by a maniacal villain bent on world domination was pretty low.
Check out the full cover for The Librarian and the Spy! I love the catalog card on the back. It’s perfect.
It has a barcode, too. This is important. You’ll see why when you read the book. It’s available for preorder now and debuts April 25, 2017!
Hi! This is where I’ll post news about my life and books. So to start, I have news! We have a new puppy in the house. This is Lucy. She’s sweet, smart, and has a mouth full of sharp, pointy puppy teeth. And we adore her.
Lucy the Golden Retriever